Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Busy busy busy, can't you see, sometimes your words etc.

I know I haven't been around lately, folks, and I know you're all broken up about that. Things are just a bit crazy-go-nuts around here: I've got the New York Comic-Con this coming weekend, my semesterly trip down to Champaign-Urbana, Illinois next weekend, classes, job searching, and my various creative projects. In fact, I've just started up a brand-new project: Paracosm, a story mod for the computer game Neverwinter Nights 2. Details about the project, which is far too ambitious for me, especially considering I've only played the game for about two minutes total, can be found on my dedicated blog for the project.

I was inspired to do this project after meeting one of my heroes at San Diego Comic-Con: Chris Avellone, writer of some of the very best computer games of the last fifteen years, including Fallout 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, and the legendary Planescape: Torment. I only got to speak to him in person for a few minutes, but he was very friendly and forthcoming. I decided then and there to make a computer game mod, despite the fact that I know absolutely zilch about writing for games—in fact, maybe because I know nothing about writing for games. I like to challenge myself creatively, after all, and nothing's more challenging than jumping head-first into writing for a completely alien medium.

In any case, I'll try and keep up this blog during this period of tribulation. Send me good vibes, people.

1 comment: