Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Obligatory first post

My name is Ted Anderson. I'm a library student, currently getting my Master's in Library and Information Science through the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign through their online program. I'm also an aspiring comics writer, even though I can't draw.

I've started blogs before, but I've never really had the drive to keep posting for long periods. I think that's partly because I didn't have a theme, a unifying idea behind the blog, some purpose that would keep me writing. But this blog, in case you couldn't guess from the title, takes as its driving purpose my library studies: what I'm learning about library science, what I want to do as a librarian, why I think libraries are important to society, my advice for other librarians, my experiences working in a library, and so forth.

However, this does not mean that this blog will be nothing but Dewey Decimal System jokes (as one of my friends suggested). I'm not writing just for librarians, nor will I be writing only about libraries. This blog is for anyone who's ever been in a library, or thought about how information is arranged, or even anyone who's ever read a book. This blog is for everyone.

And now, a funny picture of a dog wearing goggles and a hat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, who doesn't love a corgi wearing goggles and a hat?

    ReplyDelete